Open spaces

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
sunlightstorm

Open spaces

Post by sunlightstorm » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:58 pm

Hello,
Maybe someone already answered to this so, sorry if it's a duplicate post.

I have an open space in which there are multiple stations with different tasks.
Say it's an office in which in one side of the room I have tables with CAD workstations and on the other I have Techincal drawing stations.
Now, if I want to check the compliance of my project to the 12464-1, I have different values to satisfy; 500 lux maintained for the first, and 750 lux for the latter.

I proceed to create new "Spaces" (the old Assessment zones), for these areas (assigning the proper preset) and carve this spaces out from the default Room Space with "Exclude subspace" tool.
Then I try to create the "Visual Task Areas" (Work areas), selecting the newly created Spaces at room level.

I realised that I couldn't create the Task areas in the Excluded subspace. Even if I created a new "Space" (Assessment zone) and set it properly. I tried then to do this without excluding the subspace (overlapping), and it worked; but when I checked the result, I realised that the software assigned to the Task areas the profile of the existing room, and not the one I created.

My question is: is it possible to have more Visual task areas ("Work areas", that check the compliance to the standard), with different profiles, in the same room?
How can I assign a Work area (not a calculation surface) to a new space?
Because it can happen to have different task in the same space.
If this differentiation is not possible, what's the point of being able to create new Spaces (Assessment zones) with different properties?

Thank you very much.

Csuleiman

Re: Open spaces

Post by Csuleiman » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:16 am

Hello sunlightstorm,

Please send us the evo project file and some screenshots showing the problem in details. We would like to analyse the behaviour directly in your project file.
It would be of help if you could send us the link to this topic so that we could better assign this issue. Our email address is 'Support@dial.de'.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

T.Magenheimer

Re: Open spaces

Post by T.Magenheimer » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:33 pm

Dear Sun,

The visual task area is always assigned to the room because it always creates or adapts a background area. The background area adapts to the geometry of the room, which is why an area of the visual task always needs a room and is assigned to it.

Then often the argument comes up that the geometry could come from the room in which space is located. However, spaces can extend over several rooms and then it is not possible.

This has often led to confusion when you are in space, place a visual task area and disappear. That's why we have adjusted some things in the evo 9:

• Spaces can be shown for all objects and tools so that the user has a better orientation
• Spaces of the visual task can be manually assigned to spaces
• But this only applies to the outputs, logically they still hang on the room

In evo 9 this topic will (hopefully) become clearer for the user.

Best regards
Your DIAL Support Team