Project error BAK file doesn't work

etien88

Project error BAK file doesn't work

Post by etien88 » Thu May 21, 2020 12:16 am

Hello
I have a problem with a saved project.I can't open it now and Bak file also dosen't work
Please help me it is a huge project,I have spent a lot of hours.

https://we.tl/t-GVJMYWG1xi

Csuleiman

Re: Project error BAK file doesn't work

Post by Csuleiman » Fri May 22, 2020 8:39 am

Hello etien88,

Unfortunately, we have no good news for you. Our developer was not able to restore the original project file. During the last saving process, incorrect information was written that no longer allows the file to be opened. This information can no longer be repaired by us.

In case of such problems, there remains always a possibility to get at least a part of your data back. For this, there is the backup file, which is to be found in the same directory as the original file. It is named equally but with the additional extension .bak ("project name.dlx.bak"). You can use this file in DIALux if you simply renames it to "project name 1.dlx". After the renaming the file should be readable as every other DIALux project file.

To avoid such a dramatic loss of your work, we recommend you to save your project file several times during your planning to a local folder. In addition, you should save your files before calculating, too.

We will send you the renamed backup file via email.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

etien88

Post by etien88 » Sun May 24, 2020 8:27 am

Hello Csuleiman

I have read that the bak file can be reused to get a part of the project data and I have tried many times but without success.
After renaming the file is not readable from my Dialux 4.13 cause it is still a bak file and not a dlx file.

If I send you the bak file could you please save it as a dlx file so that the software could read it?

https://we.tl/t-vNgoacXJtz

Thank you in advance

Csuleiman

Post by Csuleiman » Mon May 25, 2020 9:54 am

Hello etien88,

We have now again sent you the renamed DIALux project file by email. Since this is a very complex project, loading will take a little longer.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team