Dialux 7.1 Crashes in installation process.

crashes, error report
kvkozierowski

Re: Dialux 7.1 Crashes in installation process.

Post by kvkozierowski » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:00 am

Hello,

Please send our support an e-mail (support@dial.de) with your DIALux Setup logfile attached and a link to this thread. You will find it in your Windows folder: "DIALux Setup Log.txt". The C++ Redistributables have not changed from version 7 to 7.1.
btw: You do not need to uninstall the old evo version before you install a new one, the setup will do it before starting the new installation.

A shot in the dark: it might be some kind of misconfigured access rights to the folders wehere evo should be installed.
You can try the following:
Uninstall the currently installed evo version (if any)
Delete the following folders:
- "C:\Program Files\DIAL GmbH\DIALux" if you do not have installed plugins in this folder: "C:\Program Files\DIAL GmbH\DIALux\PlugIns". Otherwise delete everything inside "C:\Program Files\DIAL GmbH\DIALux" except "C:\Program Files\DIAL GmbH\DIALux\PlugIns"
- "C:\ProgramData\DIAL GmbH"
Perform a clean install of the DIALux evo 7.1.

Best regards
Kolja

szanini

Post by szanini » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:29 pm

Kolja,
 I still had not seen his answer, but had already made his suggestions earlier. Today I tried something else: I used a deep search program called "Everything" to make sure there was no residue from the previous installations and found 2 paths that had 4 Dialux folders
C: \ Windows \ assembly \ GAC_32 \ Dial.Dialux.LuminaireDataTools
C: \ Windows \ assembly \ GAC_32 \ Dial.Dialux.UnifiedLuminaireData
C: \ Windows \ assembly \ GAC_MSIL \ Dial.Dialux.UnifiedLuminaireData
C: \ Windows \ assembly \ GAC_MSIL \ Dial.Dialux.LuminaireDataTools
Well, with the certainty that there was nothing else that referred to Dialux in some system folder, I deleted everything that was inside them and I disabled my antivirus and firewall. I tried to do a new installation using version 7.1 patch 1 and, to my surprise and relief, everything went well and the installation occurred without any problem!
I have not reinstalled any additional plugins but I do not think there will be any more problems.
I hope those who are still having problems try this tip and succeed in their installation.
Best regards, Hugs to all
Sandro Zanini

kvkozierowski

Post by kvkozierowski » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:01 pm

Hello Sandro,

Thanks for your reply. The files you menioned are shared with DIALux 4 and some DIALux catalogues so it seems ok to me that they might remain there after evo was removed.

We do not know why this happens and we were not able to reproduce it on our systems but it seems that something made changes on the files/folder access rights and/or file owner. When you delete it manually the evo setup has the chance to write those files and set the correct rights so that evo and the plugins can work correctly again.

However this should not be necessary. We will try to find the cause of the problem and eventually find a solution.

If anybody has the same problem, please send us a short e-mail (support@dial.de) with a link to this thread and the evo setup logfile attached.

Best regards
Kolja