GR calculations

crashes, error report
vornul

GR calculations

Post by vornul » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:20 am

Hi, the EVO9 give dramatically different GR values compare to 8.2 GR calculations results. The same project, no changes; both methods: simple calculations based on EN12464 and precise calculations give very different values comparing the previous calculation method. Thankful for your kind comment and support.
PS. please see file sample https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnD7eH4aunuZr9wkFO6 ... Q?e=3JZRPe

Csuleiman

Re: GR calculations

Post by Csuleiman » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:26 am

Hello vornul,

Unfortunately the download link from your thread no longer works. Therefore we would like to ask you to send us both evo project files 8.2 and 9.0 once via WeTransfer (https://wetransfer.com/).

It would be of help if you could send us the link to this topic so that we could better assign this issue. Our email address is 'Support@dial.de'.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

vornul

Post by vornul » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:33 am

Thank you, dear colleague. I would send the file links 'support@dial.de' BR Üllar Võrno

vornul

Post by vornul » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:41 am

The link sent, thank you for kind attention, BR ÜV

kvkozierowski

Post by kvkozierowski » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:32 am

Hello vornul,

Our colleague from the development team has analysed your project. The issue is that the calculation point is placed at a height of exactly 0.000m (floor height), therefore a luminaire is not taken into account in evo 8.2 GR calculation but in evo 9.0. If you move up your calculation point by just 1mm you get the same results from evo 8.2.

If you place a calculation point on the same level as the surface of the ground element it is just a coincidence if the luminaire is considered visible from the point or not. In this case the smallest numeric deviation may lead to these results.
In this special case the results of the evo 9.0 seem to be the correct ones.

I hope we could help explain the behavior of the GR calculation in this case.

Only out of interest: Is there any real use case for a GR calculation at floor height (0.000m)?

Best Regards
Kolja

vornul

Post by vornul » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:29 pm

Hi, thank for response.
But I don't agree with you.
I carried out over hundred GR calculations and uploaded the tests raport and the test file 'wetransfer' into, did you reached and analyze them?

kvkozierowski

Post by kvkozierowski » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:09 am

Hi,

it is the source of different results in the first project (Simuna...) as this project is actually an evo 8.2 file and we can load it and compare the results in both versions (8.2 and 9.0)

We are currently analysing GR_CALCULATIONS_EVO9... or better we try to reconstruct a similar project in evo 8.2 to reproduce the results and compare the calculation step by step.
Perhaps there are other problems in GR_CAL... but in the Simuna project it is the calculation point placed at ground level.

Best Regards
Kolja

vornul

Post by vornul » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:46 am

HI, Kolja, thank you. The calculation point on the ground level in 'Simuna...version 8.2'- OK. This file is rare old and out of attention, it was shared to support team as only for moment survived 8.2 version file from project folder; this file is the grandparent of other files and file not used to analyze GR matter. Please pay attention on the 100 calculations report excel spreadsheet and the actual test file 'GR_CASLCUALTIONS_EVO9...'
BR Üllar

kvkozierowski

Post by kvkozierowski » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:03 am

Hi Üllar,

sorry for the confusion with the project files.

My colleague found a bug in the indirect light calculation of the GR calculation (CIE 112).
One partial result becomes NaN (not a number) which in the end results in the output of ">90". It is a relative minor geometry problem which is not handled correctly.

We will fix this in the next patch version (End of April, early May).

Thank you for your bug report and the test cases. It helps us to improve evo.

Best Regards
Kolja

vornul

Post by vornul » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:15 am

Thank you, Kolja, for kind attention and care!

Lot of colleagues are informed by me about the not trusted GR CIE mode problem and the rapid fix would be extremely essential, especially as glare calculation is crucial tool for professionals.
I assume feedback about fix release as soon as possible.

Best Regards, Üllar.
Üllar Võrno VALGUSTUS est. 1978