Improvements - EVO 9

crashes, error report
NoKeRse

Improvements - EVO 9

Post by NoKeRse » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:09 pm

Hi,

Thanks for a hopefully splending udpate :)
Just in the startup with version 9.
A lot of new ways of doing things. Not sure if im happy or not yet ;)

Hopefully I will become happy when I get used to the new ways of doing things :)

We have had some issues with dialux evo 9 loosing the logo file we have choosen and have been set as standard for new projects.
Any suggestions on how to get it to be permanent? Could it be related to the dimensions of the logo?
The original logo file from our marketing dept. is 842 x 595

There is no problem of adding the logo with those dimensions but it becomes very tiny on the printouts.

What is the recommended size for adding company logo to the project documentation ?

One of my colleagues tried to add a profile picture to his contact card in dialux. But the picture where turned 90 degrees counterclockwise. That led me into thinking that the dimensions of the file could have something to do with it.
But it could be great to mention the recommended sizes in the dialogue box for logo and contactpicture.

A little suggestion that help people save some time, is the possibillity to set a default contact person per default in project settings?

kvkozierowski

Re: Improvements - EVO 9

Post by kvkozierowski » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:50 am

Hi,

That the logo is not set as default for new projects is actually a bug and will be fixed in the next patch version, sorry.

The problem of a small logo is more a problem of the aspect ratio rather than the resolution and it is rather complicated.
In the layout there are three different logo containers and one is chosen based on the aspect ratio of your logo.
If the aspect ratio (X:Y) is < 0.9 the logo will be scaled to an 2:3 (0.666) aspect ratio,
if it is 0.9 to 1.1 the aspect ratio is 1:1 (1)
and over 1.1 it is 7:1 (7).
I think this is done because there is more space in horizontal (X) available than vertical (Y).

The contact picture should not be rotated based on the dimensions of the image. Can you please tell us the dimensions of the image that got rotated?

Best Regards
Kolja

NoKeRse

Post by NoKeRse » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:41 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I will do some more tests with the logo I got. Since I now noticed a lot of white empty space around it, that may cause some issues.

Regarding the contactphoto. Its dimensions were 320x240.

kvkozierowski

Post by kvkozierowski » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:56 am

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I have tested the behaviour in evo and there is no rotation of the picture.
However I think I know what might have happened. If you take a picture in portrait mode (240x320px) and rotate it afterwards by 90° e.g. with the Windows tools, the picture itself is not rotated but there is some meta data added (EXIF orientation tag) which indicates how the picture should be displayed. Evo does not process these meta data and will display the picture in its original orientation.

Best Regards
Kolja