Boolean operations not working with a previous DIALux 4 project

crashes, error report
jkml

Boolean operations not working with a previous DIALux 4 project

Post by jkml » Wed May 12, 2021 11:16 am

Hey there,

A while ago I asked about boolean operations not working in DIALux Evo in a project that was initially made in the DIALux 4.
An answer that I go was that these boolean operations (combine, subtract, etc.) can only be made on Furniture & Objects:
Post by Csuleiman » Fri May 07, 2021 3:25 pm

Hello jkml,

The Boolean operations are only available for furniture and objects. Please check in your evo project whether the problematic objects are room elements. In this case, this function is not active.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team
But when we highlight parts that are in the Furniture & Objects we cannot e.g. combine them with a newly created object in the Evo project. Are these treated as 'room elements' as described in the comment? And if so, can we change it so it works in this EVO project?

Here's a link to this exact project: https://we.tl/t-F3cYMJmTp0

Please, let me know if this just doesn't work as previously described or whether there's some workaround to make it work.

Cheers!

Csuleiman

Re: Boolean operations not working with a previous DIALux 4 project

Post by Csuleiman » Wed May 12, 2021 11:35 am

Hello jkml,

Imported furniture such as 3DS objects are read in as a single object and therefore do not consist of individual elements in evo. This means that the Boolean operations cannot be applied, so that neither the subtract nor the split function is possible.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

jkml

Post by jkml » Wed May 12, 2021 12:40 pm

I see, thanks for the answer.

Is there any workaround to make that work (copy-change them in EVO or something else) or that's just how it is?
DIALux 4 got unusable at this stage of the project (but was initially required from us to be used instead of an EVO) and now we've got a chance to work in a much smoother environment with the EVO project.

Csuleiman

Post by Csuleiman » Fri May 14, 2021 7:14 am

Hello jkml,

No, here there is no possibility to edit the object further in evo. You would have to edit the object in an external program and then insert it into evo.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team