Error while calculation

crashes, error report
anuj1980

Error while calculation

Post by anuj1980 » Sun May 16, 2021 1:31 pm

Hi Dialux Evo Team,

I am working on a project, initially my system has Dialux Evo 9.1 so i am able to generate views after calculation completes. for your reference please refer attachment view 1. This will be shared in the trailing mail.
A few days back i have updated to Dialux Evo 9.2.

Thereafter there were some revision i had to do in the above mentioned project. So i open previous file and the project file get updated to Evo 9.2. But after doing so when i run the calculation my file shows an error. Please refer image by the name of Error Occurred - 2. As we know when calculation get completed the discard calculation button become active. Kindly refer discard calculation get active. There is no lighting effect. I am able move lights still there is no message pop up comes saying your result get invalid if you do this change.

Besides that i noticed one thing that i have clicked the option " show overview of the results according to calculation " but there is no light effect has been shown accordingly. Please refer No overview of results.

Kindly help me in this regard. As my submission date is 21st May 2021.
Looking forward for a solution.

Regards,
Anuj
Attachments
No overview of results.jpg
No overview of results.jpg (68.91 KiB) Viewed 518 times
discard calculation get active.jpg
discard calculation get active.jpg (63.6 KiB) Viewed 518 times
Error Occurred - 2.jpg
Error Occurred - 2.jpg (252.66 KiB) Viewed 518 times

anuj1980

Re: Error while calculation

Post by anuj1980 » Sun May 16, 2021 1:32 pm

Hi Dialux Team,
Please find the rendered view generated with the help of previous version .
Regards,
Anuj
Attachments
View 1.jpg
View 1.jpg (88.19 KiB) Viewed 517 times

anuj1980

Post by anuj1980 » Sun May 16, 2021 1:51 pm

Hi Dialux Team,

Please find below the link to download the Dialux Evo file.
https://we.tl/t-oyuDHcVfgf

Regards,
Anuj

Csuleiman

Post by Csuleiman » Mon May 17, 2021 1:04 pm

Hello Anuj,

We have checked your project file and determined that your 3DS objects are too complex for the calculation process in our evo software.

Each surface of a 3D model has to be calculated separately and if the sum of the 3D models (and the surfaces) is too complex for the calculation or the performance of DIALux, there might be a lack of internal main memory in our DIALux software. This is the reason why maybe the calculation stops or takes some hours or evo even crashes.

We would recommend every user to look for alternative 3DS objects with less surface. You have to find a good compromise between a realistic representation and a moderate amount of surface.

Our developer managed to calculate your project in evo 9.2. However, the calculation took over 3.5 hours with about 10GB of RAM required. The calculated project is ~1.3GB in size. So this does not seem to be a problem with evo 9.2 patch 3 version. You are at the limit with this complex project, which evo is not designed for.
As we have already mentioned, the 3DS objects are simply too complex. Perhaps you could consider whether a few exemplary storeys might be sufficient instead of the complete building.
We have sent you the evo project calculated by our developer.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

anuj1980

Post by anuj1980 » Mon May 17, 2021 2:06 pm

Hi Dialux Evo Support Team,

Thank you so much for your prompt responses within a very less time.
I can not decrease the no of storeys as in my earlier presentation I had shown them all three buildings with lighting effect. Now if I do this it would be difficult for me.

So I have options please do advice which would be the best option go for:
1. At a time I show the lighting for one smaller side and longer side and remove the lights of other longer side which is not visible (as for generating the views I need either of two longer side).. So can it help me?
2 or I remove one tower and then do calculation by removing the lights of the longer side which is not visible (as for generating the views I need either of two longer sides)

Kindly advise.

Regards,
Anuj

Csuleiman

Post by Csuleiman » Tue May 18, 2021 7:17 am

Hello Anuj,

We would lean towards option 2 and remove one or two towers. To be clear, the complex 3DS objects (towers) are problematic and you should definitely simplify or reduce them. If you only consider the façade, it would certainly suffice to create only the front of the tower as a 3DS object.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

anuj1980

Post by anuj1980 » Thu May 20, 2021 4:51 am

Hi Dialux Support Team,

I have managed to do the calculation for all three combined tower in Dialux Evo 9.1 but not in Dialux Evo 9.2.
I removed all the lights from the back side longer elevation. This trick worked well. For your reference I am attaching two rendered image but with low quality.

Thank you so much for supporting me for sharing the calculated dialux Evo file from you and the also for prompt responses. Because of committed support from you, I am able to diagnose the real problem.
Regards,
Anuj
Attachments
IMG-20210520-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20210520-WA0001.jpg (72.6 KiB) Viewed 423 times
IMG-20210520-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20210520-WA0004.jpg (111.92 KiB) Viewed 423 times

Csuleiman

Post by Csuleiman » Thu May 20, 2021 7:44 am

Hello Anuj,

You're welcome. We are very pleased that we could help you and that you managed to get your lighting design right. It's a really great project!

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team