DISADVANTAJES IN DIALUX 9!!!

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
jeancol90

DISADVANTAJES IN DIALUX 9!!!

Post by jeancol90 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:40 pm

Hi!

I have the next doubts:

I can´t find either de MF (when is fixed to global for example 0.8) and also the % of reflectances in ceiling, walls or floor.

I had checked all the options in every single page that offers Dialux 9 and couldn´t find them. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Also the image size in descripcition is very ver very small!!! can´t see the details in light effects, thats because I use this tool not just for lighting calculations but for good cuality renderings.

a couple extra observations:

1. the rotation tool is not as easy to use tahn there was in dialux 8.2, the angle of tilting is lower so is dificult to get a precise rotation in 45 or 90°

2. there was a ''hidden'' way to select both a luminarie and an object with tool using ´´copy and order´´ tool. Super useful in dialux 8.2 but there was disabled in dialux 9 :cry:

regards!

Jean Colmenares. Certified Dialux Evo Trainer.

kvkozierowski

Re: DISADVANTAJES IN DIALUX 9!!!

Post by kvkozierowski » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:38 am

Hello Jean,

you can find the MF and reflectance values on the first page of the "Summary" (below the plan):
mf1.PNG
mf1.PNG (11.23 KiB) Viewed 1756 times
The MF is also available per luminaire on the "Luminaire layout plan":
mf2.PNG
mf2.PNG (12.08 KiB) Viewed 1756 times
Best Regards
Kolja

jeancol90

Post by jeancol90 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:17 pm

Hello Kolja, thanks for your repply, however I have the next observations:

1. the reflections factor an so in summary is a footer, I had swicht off all footers for saving space purposes and havent´t noticed that. is there a way to place this info inside the regular content of the roooms like documentation in dialux 8.2?

2. the MF in luminaire layout plan, after activating all the check boxes inside page configurator sill couldn´t find them as you showed before, How did you do it?

3.' Is there a way to configurate the rotation angle for objects and luminaries with rotation tool? I notice that is more difficult now to for example rotate a luminarie from 0 to 30°

4.' Is there a way to select an object an a luminare at the same time? like the tool copy an arrangement of evo 8.2?

5. Why the images in description page are so small? they doesn´t fit like the template shows, and I think that the space for descripción is too large, I consider this better solved in the documentation of evo 8.2

6. There is not the luminaire list like the evo 8.2 documentation? I find very very usefull to see in an elegant list the # of luminaire, they basic description and the photometric polar view
Captura.PNG
luminaire list
Captura.PNG (81.83 KiB) Viewed 1682 times

regards..

kvkozierowski

Post by kvkozierowski » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:31 am

Hello Jean,

1. Technically yes, we could show it on other pages or in another way. The idea of the current layout is to show all data of the room itself on the first page (ground plan, size, refelction factors, MF, ...) and the results and luminaires used on the next page.

2. Please make sure to activate "Maintenance factor" in the configuration and to choose the first layout alternative which is more detailed. The second alternative is more compact and does not show the MF.

3. You can enter the rotation angle around all three axes in the GUI:
rotation.PNG
rotation.PNG (16.92 KiB) Viewed 1680 times
What do you mean with "I notice that is more difficult now to for example rotate a luminarie from 0 to 30°"?

4. No, at the moment it is not possible, we are looking at that right now.

5. There will be new layout alternatives with bigger images in the next patch available (probably next week).

6. Thank you for your feedback we will forward it to the product owner. That is correct there are two alternatives to choose from for the luminaire list but not the old 8.2 layout.

Best Regards
Kolja

jeancol90

Post by jeancol90 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:21 pm

Thanks for your repply!

about the rotation tool in dialux 9 I suggest to compare it with rotation in dialux 8.2, the difference is very noticeable when you use the gizmo to rotate an element in the screen, of course there are coordinates, elevation and rotation in positioning chart but it punishes the workflow a lot!!

I'm currently sticking to evo 8.2 but I hope to be happy to swicht to evo 9 with the next pacht!!

Thanks a lot!

regards.

kvkozierowski

Post by kvkozierowski » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:25 am

Thank you for pointing out the detailed problem with the new rotation behaviour.

I tried it yesterday and the major change ist the rotation snap size. The evo 8.2 snapped at each 15°, evo 9.0 uses 1° steps.

We actually changed this intentionally because the 15° were considered too rough. The most complicated part is not to change this tecnically but to find a solution that makes everybody happy. For future versions (not the patch) we think about adding the possibility to enter the rotation value directly in the CAD without the need to search for the rotation value in the GUI.

Best Regards
Kolja