Replacing luminaires changes the set rotation angles

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
Alan

Replacing luminaires changes the set rotation angles

Post by Alan » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:36 pm

I am not sure if this is now a new setting or something has changed in 9.1

I often have to simulate floodlit areas, sports field etc and one of the great actions in EVO was that you could replace selected or all types of luminaires and the angle of rotation (illumination point) would be kept. This allowed a very quick way of checking performances of different luminaires to a given scenario. But now when I replace luminaires the angles/illumination point are all reset. When this is a sports field and each floodlight has its own set illumination point, this is extremely time consuming and massively increases my workload.

So, is there a setting for this? Or am I missing something? if not why has this changed from the previous versions?

Thank you.
Alan Fuller

Alan

Re: Replacing luminaires changes the set rotation angles

Post by Alan » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:46 pm

I have found the reason for this!

If the luminaires are in an arrangement, only the arrangement rotations are maintained. To set an illumination point, this can only be done to a single luminaire and if this is done to each luminaire in an arrangement, these rotations will nt be maintained.
Therefore, to enable this, the luminaires must be individually placed, then replacement of selected or all same type will maintain the individual illumination point/angles.

I hope this helps others.

Alan Fuller