Evo Files goes more than 1GB - How to minimize File size

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
NoeL2C

Evo Files goes more than 1GB - How to minimize File size

Post by NoeL2C » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:45 am

Dear Dialux Board,

Good day. I wanted to ask if it is normal to have file size of greater ng 1GB and how can this be avoid as it slows down my PC and eats up a lot of our server memory.

I have experiences crashes as well and end up losing my file that I worked hard for. If it is a graphics memory issue, can you advise what is the minimum PC specs that I could work on in order to avoid crashes as such and not waste time redoing my work.

Just a little background. The base model I'm working on is from Revit but converted to 3DS before importing to my Evo which seems not able to open imports direct from Revit. Model size starts at around 50mb. So is the file but when fixtures are added and calculated with some daylight results, the file blew up to more than a GB size slowing down other applications done in my PC simultaneously. I'm a little unproductive due to lots of hanging/freezing moments when Evo is running.

Appreciate you kind advice here. Thank you in advance!

T.Magenheimer

Re: Evo Files goes more than 1GB - How to minimize File size

Post by T.Magenheimer » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:44 am

Dear NoeL2C,

You should be able to reduce the project file size by discarding the project's calculation results and then saving the project again.

Beste regards
Your DIAL Support Team