Running calculation by turning OFF certain fixtures

Bushair

Running calculation by turning OFF certain fixtures

Post by Bushair » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:51 am

Hello,
I am using Dialux 4.13 to conduct lighting calculations for my project. Normally other software have an option to turn ON / OFF the light fixtures before running the calculations. This means let's say I have 35 fixtures in an area - and I wish to run the calculation by purposefully turning OFF a 10 fixtures. Does Dialux 4.13 allow such a setting.

Csuleiman

Re: Running calculation by turning OFF certain fixtures

Post by Csuleiman » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:39 pm

Hello Bushair,

Although there is no button to switch the lights on and off, you can work with light scenes and control groups instead. To do this, you would have to insert the luminaires separately into control groups. Then you could directly determine the extent to which the luminaires should be dimmed in the light scene. If the luminaire is to be off, you can set the dimming value directly to 0%. Please take a look at the screenshot below.
We would like to recommend that you have a look at the topic "Light scenes and control groups" in our online manual of DIALux. You can open the online help by pressing F1 directly in DIALux. There the handling and the workflow regarding the light scenes is described by many screenshots.

Screenshot.JPG
Screenshot.JPG (202.62 KiB) Viewed 606 times

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team