Default UGR value in summary

gaubhat@gmail.com

Default UGR value in summary

Post by gaubhat@gmail.com » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:32 am

Hi there,

While using some IES files of some manufacturers,I get UGR values in the summary results even if I dont need it.(lengthways and across)

But,its not for all IES files of the same manufactures.

Can I either enable it for all fixtures or disable it for all fixtures? Or only manufacturer can do it while generating the photometric file?

Thanks,
Gaurav.

Csuleiman

Re: Default UGR value in summary

Post by Csuleiman » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:41 am

Hello Gaurav,

The four room UGR values are only output under certain restrictions in the room summary of DIALux 4:

The following conditions must be met:
- The room is rectangular.
- Only one luminaire type is present.
- The luminaire is rotationally symmetrical or C0-C180 and C90-C270 symmetrical.
- There is no furniture present.
- 2.0 <= room width / luminaire height <= 12
- Room width / luminaire height >= 12 or room length / luminaire height <= 12
- Room width / luminaire height not equal to 12 or room length / luminaire height <= 8

So if you don't get UGR values in an IES file, at least one of the above conditions is not met.
However, you can also completely deactivate the four room UGR values in the DIALux settings. To do this, you would have to call up the menu "File -> Settings -> Global options". In the external window you will see a checkbox for "Output Standard UGR values" directly on the first tab "Standard Values". Please deactivate this checkbox and confirm with the OK button. Please restart DIALux once for the changes to take effect.

Screenshot.JPG
Screenshot.JPG (184.77 KiB) Viewed 744 times

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team