Bug: Editing windows and walls corrupts file

crashes, error report
Wimads2

Bug: Editing windows and walls corrupts file

Post by Wimads2 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:23 am

Hi,

I wanted to report an issue that is coming up very regularly lately: whenever I edit a window (like moving it a bit), or edit an interior wall, there is a very high chance (probably 50/50) that the model will get corrupted - meaning, walls disappearing, often near the place that got edited, with the only solution being to revert back to an older file that wasn't corrupted yet.

I've experienced this type of issue occasionally with dialux EVO since the beginning, but it used to be an infrequent issue. Now it seems to be happening almost 50% chance when I edit a room or window. This is a very frustrating experience and often requires me to rebuild part of the model, and need to check in 3D after every step if the model didn't get corrupted, which is a waste of time...

Csuleiman

Re: Bug: Editing windows and walls corrupts file

Post by Csuleiman » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:28 am

Hello Wimads2,

In these cases, such projects can usually be repaired if a specific geometry file is deleted directly from the repository. Therefore please send us one of the problematic project files so that we can check the problem. It would be of help if you could send us the link to this topic so that we could better assign this issue. Our email address is 'Support@dialux.com'.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

Wimads2

Post by Wimads2 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:50 am

Hi,

The problem is that this is a reoccurring issue. I can send the file for repair now, but will that prevent it from getting corrupted again? And for sure in the next project I work on I will encounter the issue again as well. I do not want to keep sending my projects for repair... I just want it to work right in the first place. For now I just keep saving my projects regularly, so there's always a recent non-corrupt file I can go back to, but I hope the issue gets resolved in future updates.

I can send you a corrupt file to look at though if that helps you to understand the issue?

Csuleiman

Post by Csuleiman » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:35 am

Hello Wimads2,

We would be pleased to email you the instructions for repairing such evo projects. In a few minutes you will receive a private email. Please try this suggested solution in your evo projects.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team