Warning "Storey contour is unusually small or unusually large"

crashes, error report
kikeblackberry

Warning "Storey contour is unusually small or unusually large"

Post by kikeblackberry » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:35 am

Hi,
I am trying to doing a simulation for corridors lighting into a shopping mall, once I finished defining building contour I get this warning message "A storey contour is unusually small or unusually large (30133m2).".
I would appreciate your help in order to understand this message and what is the maximum area DIALux is able to simulate.
I deleted half of the bulding and I still receiving the message. It is gone when area became 10.000 m2 or less.
I think you maybe understand this could be a big handicap when we need to simulate large projects.
I tried to keep going but at some point DIALux behaves weird walls disappear, windows hole still when deleted or textures gets messy.
Unfortunately I deleted the project file and started all over again with small areas. By the way, how many buildings can DIALux manage into one single project?
Thank you for your help.

T.Magenheimer

Re: Warning "Storey contour is unusually small or unusually large"

Post by T.Magenheimer » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:50 am

Hi kikeblackberry,

If you get such an error message, you should check the scaling of the project.

If the contour should really be so large, you simply have to see if there will not be performance problems with this project dimension.

We cannot give you an exact definition of how many buildings you can construct in a project. Of course, it depends on what is in these buildings.

It always depends on the number of 3D objects, luminaires, calculation areas or whether, for example, complex daylight calculations are carried out.

Best regards
Your DIAL Support Team

kikeblackberry

Post by kikeblackberry » Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:14 pm

Thank you for your sooner answer.
I already checked the scaling of the project, but I was not the issue because the actual project size is more than 30.000 m2.
Maybe I was very optimistic, and I tried to simulate the whole project as one but unfortunately DIALux did not allow me to do that without show the message “story contour is unusually small or unusually large”.

I solve the problem using the well-known “divide and conquer” strategy so I had to split the whole project (one large building) in several “dummy” small buildings with areas less than 10.000 m2 each. Doing this I had no issues.
Thanks again
Regards

T.Magenheimer

Post by T.Magenheimer » Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:26 am

Hi kikeblackberry,

It is good to hear that you were able to solve the problem by splitting the big project into several smaller projects.

Best regards
Your DIAL Support Team