Beginner - How do I designate the area inside which I draw, and how can I model two fixtures using photometric data??

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
Brightlight

Beginner - How do I designate the area inside which I draw, and how can I model two fixtures using photometric data??

Post by Brightlight » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:39 pm

Hi, I want to use Dialux Evo to model an existing system and determine lighting brightness after changes are made. There is a problem. The user interface is not as clear as it is proclaimed by the manufacturer.

The other major problem is that the lighting manufacturer is a U.S. company not listed in Dialux Evo. Is there a way I can produce their lighting products using their photometric sheets and this software? I need to model two fixtures.

I have another question, how do I scale the building area inside which I must draw? What are the marks designating length and width on the outside of the area? I presume meters, but I'd like to know. Thanks.

Brightlight

T.Magenheimer

Re: Beginner - How do I designate the area inside which I draw, and how can I model two fixtures using photometric data?

Post by T.Magenheimer » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:12 am

Dear Brightlight,

Many thanks for using our DIALux lighting planning software DIALux.

To familiarize yourself with our DIALux evo software, we recommend the numerous tutorials in our DIALux YouTube channel and our DIALux evo knowledge database:

DIALux evo knowledge base: https://evo.support-de.dial.de/support/home

DIALux evo YouTube tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... OGRKdkAAYW

We also offer web seminars. Perhaps the following offer is also interesting for you:

https://www.dial.de/en/in-service-train ... gs/dialux/

If you want to work with the special luminaire of the US manufacturer, you have to contact this manufacturer. Maybe the manufacturer can send you an .IES or .LDT luminaire file of the product, which you can import in our DIALux evo software.

Best regards
Your DIAL Support Team

Tanker72

Re: Beginner - How do I designate the area inside which I draw, and how can I model two fixtures using photometric data?

Post by Tanker72 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:37 pm

T.Magenheimer wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:12 am

If you want to work with the special luminaire of the US manufacturer, you have to contact this manufacturer. Maybe the manufacturer can send you an .IES or .LDT luminaire file of the product, which you can import in our DIALux evo software.

Best regards
Your DIAL Support Team
Is it common for manufacturers to respond positively to this? I've asked a couple companies for the same thing and didn't get an answer in most cases, and the few answers I got were negative.

T.Magenheimer

Post by T.Magenheimer » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:46 pm

Dear Tanker72,

We can only provide you with luminaires of our DIALux partners. If you want to use luminaires from luminaires manufacturers whose luminaires we cannot provide you with, you will have to get the luminaires by another way.

We have also a luminaires search machine: https://lumsearch.com/en-US#0

I cannot tell you whether it is normal that luminaire manufacturers do not respond to inquiries. At least it is no good customer service.

Best regards,
Your DIAL Support Team

Tanker72

Post by Tanker72 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:14 am

Thank you for your answer! Sure, it's pretty bad customer service, but after all, I don't always own the luminaries I'd like to model, and they could think I'm some sort of industrial spy trying to copycat their productions, so that's understandable.