As for engineer it was a huge jump from EVO 8 to EVO 9 and 9.1. EVO 9.1 solved some problems with images - that is noticeable. It's like a step forward with room design, but there were loads of issues made with representation of results in documentation that are like wide step back.
I'm not alone in that opinnion and many of my clients or friends got used to representation of results made in Dialux 4, because you may shown results acorrding to EN standards (like measurement grids) and easily compare it to real measurements.
I'll list only few from most bothering cases in EVO 9 & 9.1.
Graphics required in Cover page and Description pages
- requires adding graphics anytime - otherwise there is black stripes graphic generated in PDF instead of empty/blank space
- Text from "Project description" isn't imported to Cover page, it's required to rewrite/copy-paste it
- Problem with "Street Lighting" results - there is no Name printed for following situations.
- When it's printed - there's no option to hide "alternative number".
Is there an option to hide information about alternative number - mostly calculations are printed to show only best/final choice, and Investor doesn't need an information how many vertions were made earlier.
Summary - for street lighting
- Bad scale of measure numbers at 1st page - numbers are ca. 0.5-1mm height and require zooming in Evo, and are unreadable after generating PDF/printing.
- Amount of pages required to show summary
Now EVO 9 and EVO 9.1 requires minimum 3 - 4 pages for the same projects. It's like a wide step back. Is there a posibility to make compact alternative like it was in EVO8?
In bigger projects there are required calculations for multiple roadway situations - any additional pages or lack of information about the name of road in content page make documentation difficult to read. Adding desciption page requires adding graphics and increases PDF file size from few up to houndrets of MB.
- No false colour option for Street lighting.
EVO9.1 gives only opportunity for adding external images [it was blocked in 9.0].