Result on the workplane and calculation surface

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
Anoush-mdn

Result on the workplane and calculation surface

Post by Anoush-mdn » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:35 am

Hi All
Appreciate if an expert can explain this question. you can try it in your design and you will find an important note.
some luminaires are installed at a fix height in one indoor room.
I draw a calculation surface exacly as same as working plane at the same height. So, both have a same plane (L x W x H ). So I expect to see the same numbers (Lux & uniformity) on both planes.
After calculation, I found the numbers on the surface calculations are higher than numbers on the workplane !!!
Why there are different result on these planes while both planes are exactly same ?

Result on the workplane and calculation surface.JPG
Result on the workplane and calculation surface.JPG (21.59 KiB) Viewed 750 times

belysningsbegrepp

Re: Result on the workplane and calculation surface

Post by belysningsbegrepp » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:16 am

Workspace 1 uses adaptive calculation. Read post viewtopic.php?p=110498&hilit=adaptive#p110498
/matti

Csuleiman

Re: Result on the workplane and calculation surface

Post by Csuleiman » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:55 am

Hello Anoush-mdn,

The user belysningsbegrepp is absolutely right.

In your case, you have compared the results of the workplane with those ones from the calculation surface, which was perpendicular illuminance calculated. When changing the parameter for the calculation surface to “perpendicular illuminance adaptive”, then you will get the same results as for the workplane. Please keep always the height of all calculation surfaces and workplanes in mind. But you have already addressed that yourself.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team